Saturday, September 4, 2010

Just Randomness...

I really don't have much to write about today, but don't want to much time to go by. hahah
I have finally been able to keep this darling little plant alive and well for quite some time now. It's called a Burro Tail. I had one when you girls were little but somehow all the little leaf buds where always "falling" off. I would find them littered all around the pot. I always figured it was that naughty "Nobody" but.... Well its thriving soooooooooooo. hahahah
It's still VERY hot here. Today around 3pm I checked the thermometer and it screamed.. Aghhhhhhhhhhh, its toooo hotttt!!!! 100 degrees. These are the thunder heads that form over the mountains in the East. I do love them, very dramatic. No rain, but cool none the less.Daddy put up the fan in the den and it makes a really big difference. I love it. It was a gift from Auntie Chris and Uncle Steve. Daddy added the light fixture. He also bought a webster for the cobwebs. Aghhhhh I hate those things. (cobwebs)


I used my empty Paula Dean candle that Carol gave me for my pretty jewels. Not the greatest picture, but you get the idea. They are on the fireplace.



And is this not adorable. The little girls down the street walk their chickens on leashes. Today it was "too hot" for them and so they put them in this little doll stroller. CUTE. When Jennifer ran out to ask if we could take a picture of them, they giggled and said " your the fourth person ".
Last weekend these same little girls were selling oranges. Now you have to understand that here in Southern California just about everyone has citrus trees in their yard. We have a blood orange, Meyer lemon, Mexican lime and a Washington orange. Our neighbors have lemons and oranges that line the other side of our fence........
Anyway back to the little sweetie pies. There they sat with sweat running down their faces and their cheeks so pink, selling oranges. 50 cents for a large and 25 cents for a small. We bought some, we had no change, they were VERY happy.

Enjoy this last bit of summer, soon it will be cool here.... right?
Blessings, Sue


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool fan and cute chicken! i can't believe they walk their chickens...weirdos!

i love you.

-c

Anonymous said...

cool fan and cute chicken! i can't believe they walk their chickens...weirdos!

i love you.

-c