Saturday, September 11, 2010

Past trip to Julian

I decided to go through the pictures that we have on "the family" computer and download them onto my computer. I found a real treasure trove. I found these from one of our family trips to Julian. It was in September about 2 years ago. We usually take a few day trips to Julian every year. October is "apple" month so we usually try to hit it in September before the "rush" We have our favorite shops and treats we like.
This is the old jail. I honestly can't imagine how horrible it would have been to have been incarcerated here. (or anywhere for that matter)

One of our favorite places for treats is The Cider Mill. They have candies and nuts and cider. Jams, jellies and the best pumpkin butter ever. Tastes just like pie. So good on toast with coffee. We usually get a caramel apple and some honey sticks as well.


I thought this was a cool shot. This is Carlye. Her hair is in a ponytail.



Julian is famous for it's apple pie. Thankfully my family is partial to mine.... at least that's the claim...hahaha




More jars in the Cider Mill.











The infamous...







Along the side of the road by the jail are the wild blackberries. Funny how the girls have gone from wanting to pick and eat them, when they were little, to photographing them now!!! They really are fairly inedible. Tart little buggers, but I could see them in a cobbler or pie.








This is just a cool plant that had these berries. The birds were enjoying them. I'm not sure if we will make the trek up this Fall. Maybe around Christmas. We'll have to see how things go.
Wow... not to change the subject or anything but I looked up from my computer just in time to see Sassy's pink tongue frantically lapping up the last of my milk. Silly Kitty.. She going to have to finish it now.
Blessings, Sue








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool pictures! i remember that day long ago...

-c