Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pulled Pork Dinner

This was a first at our house. Daddy bought me a new pressure cooker so I thought I would try a pork roast. I looked on line for a pulled pork recipe and found about a million. They all had in common brown sugar and paprika. Then I consulted my oldest daughter who had eaten the "real" southern pulled pork sandwiches and she confirmed the main ingredients for the rub. I used simply brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder and pepper. Rubbed down the roast well and seared it in a HOT frying pan with HOT olive oil on all sides. Then I popped it in the cooker, quatered a yellow onion and set it for 99 minutes and propped up my knees for a while.
About 30 minutes before it was done I whipped up these rolls. Shredded the meat into a serving dish, added some masterpiece BBQ sauce to the dripping water, not to much just a little bit.


And........ We ate almost the entire roast. Served with green salad and milk. Yummy.
I wish Carlye and Matt were here, but don't worry I'm going to write down this recipe and I'll make it again for you!!!!
Blessings, Sue

No comments: