Monday, December 19, 2011

Traditions

 I can't believe the time is going by so darn fast. I've been spending this year being devoted to a NO STRESS Christmas, and I guess while I wasn't looking IT WORKED. I'm stress free and actually enjoying things this year.
 If you have been reading for awhile you already know about Allison's Annual Gingerbread House. If not I will share with you that every year since Allison was around ??? I'm thinking 8 years old, she has been making our Gingerbread House decoration. It has been fun to see the changes throughout the years.
 This year we bought a bunch of different decorating candies.
 And again I had to tell her over and over and over add nauseum... That she was going to get a stomach ache if she kept eating the royal icing. hahahahah I guess that's my part of the tradition. This year however she took her own zantac and layed down and didn't even tell me. hahahahhahaahahahahah
 Loving the icicles.
 And the path to the doorway.
 Beautiful, isn't it!!!
 I made a snowman. bawahhhaahahahahahahh It never made it to the actual lawn on the house. Ugly little bugger huh? hahahahah
 This is the sky last night. We have been having off and on rain and the skies have been glorious.
 Allison collected a ton of mistletoe at the ranch . We now have it hanging from the doorways. I forgot to photo oops.
 And the entire reason for the season. This is the very first Christmas decoration Daddy and I ever bought. So I guess this makes it my oldest decoration. I know its my most beloved. It can't be Christmas until this nativity is set up on center stage.
I remember when we got it. Of course money was all but non existent and we went to Sears looking for just the right one. I am definitely attached to it. I feel great joy every year when I unwrap each piece. I even love wrapping them back up with love for the next year.
Whats your favorite Christmas decoration. I would love to hear.
Stress free blessings, remember.. THE real reason we celebrate this Holy Holiday. Sue

1 comment:

Neener Bells said...

my very first christmas ornaments I purchased for myself was this year: a $3.50 box of blue plastic walmart ornaments. I hope they last. There certainly is no emotional attachment--and my tree is dead and crunchy already.

I love you Mommy
Love, Neener Bells