Wednesday, December 28, 2011

In Between

Christmas Tree 2011
 I love the "in between" time. After Christmas day and before New Years Day. It's my time to space out and do just "whatever" While I don't have to be up and dressed to take anyone to school. No more shopping, wrapping, anticipating.
Daddy brought home a giant bag of cuties!!
We had a wonderful Christmas. That being said... "Things" are never quite the way I think they will be. Thomas Kincaid and Norman Rockwell are nice but not really our reality.
Wreath close up. I dissolved the glue gun webs.
 Let's face it, It's a major production here. Getting the dinner all prepared and on the table at the same time and warm. In the past when the girls were small I used to get myself so stressed out, I could barely relax and enjoy myself.
Daddy brought me this beautiful bouquet. LOVE the Lilies
 This year was different, in that I made myself slow down and enjoy the moments. It worked. ( it also helps that the girls are grown) I wanted to concentrate on what's really important. WE are BLESSED. We have a warm safe home, food to share and people to share it with. We have the love of our family and friends, and most importantly we have our faith.
Christmas Eve 2011
 and shock of shocks......My stocking was actually crammed full!!! It's usually the most empty hahahaha  I wanted to share some of my favorite, special quiet moments with you.....


Santa found our house again...whew!!

Even the weens got special treats.


mmmmm spinach dip

Before dinner treats

 Allison bought Her,Daddy and Jennifer matching Whistle Swolt shirts.
 And now I'm slowly starting to put away my Christmas treasures until next year. This is the Angel Carol gave me.
 The table piece Allison made has been broken down into several other little arrangements.
 The tree will be the last thing down. I'll try to keep it up til new years.... (rolls eyes)
My Americanas are laying up a storm. I couldn't resist showing you my Green Eggs and Ham. hahahahaha
I am praying that you all had a wonderful Christmas. Now let's get on with the New Year...whatdaya say..
Blessings, Sue

No comments: