Saturday, December 3, 2011

It a Colorful World

While looking for the Christmas boxes in the shed today,I came upon a box labeled "stitch kits". Of course I had to bring it in. I spent the good part of an hour going through all the treasures I had tucked inside. I became reacquainted with quite a few old friends.During my first pregnancy I found myself with a lot of extra time on my hands and took up my old love of all things needlework. 
This is the Jacobean Sampler I started way back when. I have thought about it off and on throughout the years, finding comfort in it. I have a few projects that, honestly, never got finished but were finished as much as they needed to be. I believe that everything is for a reason and sometimes its the process I need at the time more than the finished object.

Anyway........I remember when I had to tuck this away. My life had gotten extremely busy. Big projects were not an option for me at the time. I began sewing clothes for my girls and they were the center of my life. When I pulled this out it felt like an old friend had moved back home. I am going to finish it. I worked on the house tonight. All the above was done 27 years ago. It feels right.
I'm now to the point of stitching in all my ends on my latest project..... I can't really show you.... It is a gift for my granddaughter. I'll show you details later.

Jennifer and Allison were bored, there was paint involved, I think it's rather cute!!
My Americana's have started laying!!!!! This makes me so happy. I love the color of these eggs.
This is actually what we brought in today. I have never had hens that layed in the winter months. My 5 older ladies are taking a break. I'm still waiting for Ophelia (my silkie) to lay. She is my first silkie too. I have had chickens for over 20 years and still am just excited everyday when I get to collect my eggs.
Maybe you thought you were going to get through at least one day here without seeing food. Sorry! heehee I had to show you the chex party mix i made for Seth for Thanksgiving. I was trying to think of the traditions we have had here. And thinking of the new ones we will be starting when we settle in Georgia. One of them is definitely his party mix. I've been making it every single year we have been together.
It was a really good batch. I need to make more.
I have quite the list of projects going on now. I'll take pictures. Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings, Sue

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

neener bells said...

that chex mix was so good, i think i consumed the majority of it hahahah there are so many wonderful traditions and seemingly mundane daily nuances that you have here mommy that are very meaningful and precious. you should write them all down so you never forget :)
I love you