Friday, October 21, 2011

On a Lighter Note...

 I wanted to end out this week on a bit brighter note. My last 2 posts seem a bit on the low side. Remember I told you about my book score a few weekends ago and the Kobe Swap meet? I want to share some more with you. I have been looking through the book Etiquette, by Emily Post. It's from 1953.
 I suppose I need to know The True Meaning of Etiquette.. Some of this just cracks me up. But really, "Back in the Day"... when the majority of people actually had manners. Things seemed a bit more pleasant. I remember when I was a little girl and my family of in laws and out laws got together. We would all be sitting in the living room or dining room, and if my Mom or Aunt or any adult female came into the room, all the men would stand up until she was seated. And if we kids were in a chair, we would get a touch on the shoulder and a polite" get up and let your grama, aunt, mom..sit there. I hated being sent to the floor but I loved sitting with the adults, listening  and learning. hahahah
 I remember my mom telling me, that my Grama told her, that she chased my Grampa until she let him catch her.. hahahahahah
 Now this one has a bit of a true ring to it!
 heheeheheheheeheheheheheheheheeheheheheh

 This book was to good to be true. Child Craft was  a set of encyclopedia type books. I actually was blessed to have a set when I was growing up. I used to read the craft book until the pages came out. I hopefully still have it, in a box in the shed. This is from years before the set I owned was.
 The illustrations are magnificent. I could look at them all day. And I actually read this poem to my girls when they were little. It was a Little Golden Book.
Such sweet little prayers. I remember these as well.
 The second one was taught to me in Sunday school a bit differently, or maybe we just said it differently
God is Great,
God is Good,
Let us thank Him for our food.
I wanted to throw this one in because of the happy little children collecting fall leaves.

I'm so happy that I found these books. I just love looking through them and reading and relaxing. I hope you got some pleasure from this as well.
Blessings, Sue

2 comments:

Neener Bells said...

Thank you for giving the poetry book to me! HAHA! LOVE YOU MOMMY

--Neener Bells

Anonymous said...

It's interesting what you might find, even when you're not looking. From the book's perspective, it wasnt looking to be found, and yet, it has and now it can sit upon a shelf and be appreciated.