Friday, October 28, 2011

Few words Friday...

The week got away from me. I'm not sure where exactly it went, but it was busy.
I filled the cookie jar today with our favorite Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies. I added raisins and white chocolate chips. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm They are really good.
I was able to restock a couple of my favorite wines. Bev Mo was having their buy one get one for 5 cents.
I actually dusted the mantle and tried to make it look a bit autumny. hahaha
Re- arranged my large arrangement Seth got me into a couple smaller ones.
Moved the bookshelves from my room into the living room and displayed my acorn collection and my acorn candle holder prize I got in Georgia.
Arranged the pomegranates Allison picked for me on El Monte Road the other day on the way home from the barn.

My beloved peach tree is changing her colors for me!!!
And starting to drop them as well.
WE had to get rid of Artemus. He was the most beautiful rooster ever, but he was starting to grow his fighting talons and keeping the hens to riled up. I just can't trust a hormone filled cockerel after what Gomer did to Allison. ( he would attack her when she was little, when she went to get the eggs)
Uhhhhhhh Yesssss. We found out WHY we were getting no eggs. I thought the ladies were just going through their usual molt and rest time. But NOOOOOOOOOO Allison watched as Charlie ( Miss Charlotte) crept into the laying box and scooted the eggs out to the waiting Lily below. Then jumped down and joined in the feast. BRAT.... NAUGHTY BRAT!!!!
And FINALLY I got a picture of Hamlet. Our little Buff Silky. boy are they hard to photograph. The big hens are hard enough to capture.
but as you can see, this was about the best closeup of Ophelia I could get.I wanted  you to see how fluffy they are. Look at their little legs with feathers on them. Hamlet is protective of Ophelia but so far he just guards her from the menace Charlie and the Weens. I am hoping when things settle down, with Artemus gone, he will step up and be the main man for all the girls. If not we will just keep him and Ophelia separate. Maybe we'll let them have babies. I've never done that.

I hope your Halloween weekend is safe and fun filled. Blessings, Sue

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Anonymous said...

send me some of those cookies, poste haste! emmaline wants a taste :)

Love Interwoven said...

Now Took, You know darn well what the cookies I bake turn out like at your house. It's gonna take me some practise when I get back there for good. hahahahahahahahah