Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Milestones

A long and winding road
 Milestone-
1.  A stone or marker set up on a road or path to indicate the distance from a given point.
2.  An important, or significant event.. in your life..career..the history of a nation..a turning point.


A milestone

Milestones on an old Roman road.



I have had, and am coming up upon several milestones in my life. Seth is retiring from his career in the fire service of 30 + years. While this is something we have both looked forward to for quite awhile...Its a biggy friends. We are more in love and better friends than we have ever been, and are looking forward to his being home. We'll have more time to spend together, enjoying the things we haven't always had time for. And I'm praying that he will have time to explore and discover some personal passions of his own.








Just one of the many things we enjoy

My youngest, my baby, my Buggy will be graduating from high school. She is my last one. We have had quite an exciting school career as well. She started out and is ending in the public school system. The years in between she was home schooled and we were blessed to have her going to a Christian /home school for her middle years. May I say that full time homeschooling is the hardest job I have ever had. Full time, around the clock, no real weekends or holidays for us. But I LOVED it and have nothing but fond memories.

 We will also be " loading up the trucks and moving to Georgia"  We have decided to relocate. Now this being such a short sentence, it sure holds alot of stuff within its Capital W and its final period.

I am a California girl. I was born in Texas, my dad was in the Navy, but moved to California before I was a year old. I have only moved a very few times in my entire life. I have roots here. Deep roots. Seth and I have lived in this same home for 28 years. Yep . that's a longggggg time, friends. but I'm ready for the change. We have been looking at new houses in the area we are going and I'm sure we will be able to find "just the perfect home"      Maybe I really have shooter roots in the South.....maybe that's why I have always longed to live somewhere else.... hmmmmmmmm.
Bevery Hillbillies

 My new Grand daughter is definitely a pull factor. Though we had already decided on the move before she was here with us. How can I not want to be a part of this amazing little persons life... up close and personal?

MOST ADORABLE BABY EVER

It dawned on me this morning that it really isn't any wonder that my thoughts are so...all over the place... That I am having a REALLY hard time settling into the seasons and enjoying some of the things that used to make me soooo darn happy. I am restless and non-settled. I don't want to decorate for the seasonal changes, and I'm even having a hard time wanting to bake and can and do the homey things I usually love. I'm sure its a kind of detaching thing and I'm sure "they" have some real name for it. ( I usually find that out after the fact).
It is none, the less, discombobulating. I'm working on it though. I know that all these changes are positive. They are still , just that, changes. and I, like my hens like to be settled in and cozy.

Prayers are welcome and so is anything else you would like to say.
Blessings, Sue



No comments: