Monday, October 31, 2011

More Treasures

 Happy Monday to you!!! I hope your weekend was great. Mine was quiet and rejuvenating! Just the way I like/needed it.
Is this not THE most beautiful Fall arrangement EVER!!
 Allison brought this home on Friday, and yes, she made it!!! This is her project she made in her flower class. I really believe she has a gift.
So, I guess, I'm the one who will be blessed this school year with fresh holiday arrangements. I love it!
 We took another trip to the swap meet. and again I came home with many treasures. I was actually not feeling very well, darn Indian summer cold, but I slathered up with sunscreen, grabbed my trusty pink parasol and we headed out. One of the prizes I found was this Knitting Book, 1971, to add to my steadily growing needlework book collection.
I knew there were papers inside when I picked it up but didn't take the time to really check them out til I got home. Imagine my joy when I found this little kit, tucked deep inside these cut outs and patterns.
 I have never heard of a felt lapel pin, but that's not really surprising. The more I learn the more I find out I need to learn. So tell me, would you stitch it up?? I believe I may. It's calling to me. hahahah
I thought I would pee my pants when Allison and I found this ad. More so for her reactiion to it than mine. It is sooooooooo 1971. We laughed, and she just said, "no wonder" hahahahahahahahahahahahh
Blessings, Sue

No comments: