Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Emmaline's sweater

Every beautiful baby girl needs a beautiful white or ivory sweater. This is my granddaughter, Emmaline, modeling hers at just a few days old. I should say she will be able to wear it as soon as the weather turns chilly since it's.....HUGE.... hahahaha Until you have an actual baby in your arms, it's hard to remember just how tiny they are at first.

 I used some silk ribbon to make little flower embellishments. And of course, I added the pearl bead. There is just something about the combination of ivory, pink and pearls. mmmmmmmmmmmmm
 I used some basic opal esk buttons and used the seed stitch around the neck, sleeves and button band.
 I am happy with the way it turned out and E was so very snugly in it!!
Snugly blessings to you, Sue

No comments: