Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring has Sprung!!!!

If you have been reading my blog for awhile you will know that I have posted pictures similar to this one in the past. Its just that, when the hill behind my home bursts with this spectacular display, I know that Spring is definitely here!!!!! ( I'm sorry for those of you still dealing with bits of snow here and there.... but it's coming.....I promise.) On Friday Seth "weed whacked" the bottom half and left the top half of the little hill, still in full bloom. He did this both for Me, cause every year he says (with a sparkle of ornery in his eye) " "time to weed whack the hill" and I reply " aggghhhh not yet, my flowers are just starting" and he laughs and I laugh. This is how it happens now. This is because he endured a few years of not mentioning anything until after the "weed whacking" fact and had to deal with my sulking and whining about "how could he" and "what a jerk" and "I was waiting all year for them to bloom again" and sniff sniff you get the picture.
And this year....Lola. On Sunday we ( Allison, Lola and Thomas) enjoyed the little hill for awhile. Lola loved the freshly mowed grass!! And Thomas and Allison enjoyed the sunshine and soft breezes. ( she did not like the fact that the grass I made her sit in for these photos was wet, hee hee, and that there were bees on just about every single yellow bloom just waiting to sink its stinger into her sun warmed flesh. Not really that was her story, the bees didn't even see her there.

Isn't Thomas a noble looking fellow. You can see where his name ' Sir Thomas Edward Cutes Alot' comes from can't you. He must be in on every single thing, and he must know what all his loyal subjects are doing at all times.He constantly makes sure we all know he is in on all the action with his loud and persistent mewing. What a handsome and endearing young feline.


And Lola loves her "mama" Goats are so adorable. They have the sweetest and cutest personalities.



I'm not sure what it is she found here, but she was fascinated by this lump of granite sticking out of the side of the hill........ She studied it for quite awhile.....





Then pawed at it with her little hoof..... Isn't that too cute....




And finally found what she was after.... ???..... I'm still not sure what it was. But when she was satisfied she scampered a bucked and ran around just happy to be alive. I wish i had a video of it to share. The day was peaceful, warm and relaxing.... Just the way a spring day should be.

Thanks for stopping by... Blessings to you and yours, Sue




2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww, sour grass. i miss it!

Kirk Martel said...

Wow, spring looks really nice there. This is the first time I've visited your blog, but I'll have to come back and take more looks. :) Great photos.