Saturday, March 13, 2010

Antherium

I'm so happy!!! My antherium bloomed!! Isn't it beautiful.

I was thinking about this particular plant the other day and realized that i have had an antherium plant of some kind for as long as I've lived on my own. I remember the first one I ever got, was for my studio apartment in Santa Margarita... funny I don't remember much else about it. My next one was when we lived in a little duplex in El Cajon. It sat on my kitchen table and got full on evening sun. It had huge bright red flowers and long yellow stamens. Thick, waxy and exotic.

Then came my children's growing up years...... And now I have this one. I've had it for a really long time and this is the first time it has bloomed. I honestly couldn't even have told you what color flowers it had. But here it is....... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... It's tiny.... but oh so pretty.
And ya, after this was taken I dusted the poor little dears leaves, how embarrassing!!!!! hahaha
Blessings, Sue

No comments: