Saturday, September 10, 2011

So two days before I was supposed to fly home I was up in the sewing room, sewing away and Carlye called from downstairs telling me I had to come down. This is what was on the TV. A storm called Lee was coming up and through our very own Coweta county, Georgia.  OKAYYYYYYY..... This was my very first tornado warning. I'm not used to getting warnings. Having lived in California my entire life, and having an earthquake every now and then without so much as a peep from anyone. hahahahahahahah. We just sat and watched the rain and readied ourselves to go into the bathroom if we needed too. When I asked my dear son in law what we needed to do he told me that we could do one of two things. Go into the bathroom and get low...or..... sit down, put your head between your legs, and kiss your butt goodbye. HAHAHA NOT!!!
 We got though it all just fine. The next morning, while sitting in the airplane in Atlanta, it was hard to figure if it was the raindrops fogging my vision or the many as yet unshed tears for having to leave part of my family yet behind, again.....
 Up and Up and Up... right out of that storm and into the clear blue sky. It always amazes me to see that happen.
 I got to Phoenix, Arizona.... DRY.... HOT.... and DRYYYYYYYY and HOTTTTTTTT.
 And then on in to San Diego without a hitch. I was fortunate to sit beside nice people, and I read my book the entire way!!
I did touch down on a record breaking heat day and had to wait outside for Seth to pick me up.... But that was no ones fault well maybe we could blame it on the pilot in Phoenix who called in sick and we had to wait for a new one to be found.....or we could blame it on all the construction and no parking at Lindbergh Field... But wait I said no hitches didn't I.
At any rate I'm home again and so back on here!!! Thanks for your patience!!!
Blessings, Sue

No comments: