Friday, September 16, 2011

More than a baby blanket

 I'm so sorry it is taking me so long to get back to posting on here. I thought it would be easier to jump "back" into my life here at home. It has been a bit more difficult then I imagined. This is the granny square afghan I made before Emmaline came.
 I loved EVERY SINGLE THING about this blanket. I love the colors, and the new way I learned to join the squares. Its called a continueos join and its so fast and fun. I love that no two squares are alike.
 But most of all I love that "IT'S" loved.. Yep. being used from the very moment Emmaline came home. It actually hangs over the port a crib that sits in the living room. I have, so far, never enjoyed anything I have made for anyone as much as this afghan.
 From the very beginning thoughts of planninfg it, buying the  colors and each and every stitch, done with a prayer and LOVE.
 Being able to watch as Grandpa and Grandaughter get to know each other...
 And Daddy and Daughter fall deeply in love.
Yes.... This is the ultimate of what you hope for your gift, stitched with so much love and thought in it, to be used and loved and even maybe worn out.
More again soon....I promise....... Blessings, Sue

1 comment:

Neener Bells said...

It's Beautiful :)