Friday, September 30, 2011

Shamrocks

BEFORE:  My dear friend for many, many years and I share a love for plants. We have enjoyed many hours talking and buying and planting out flowers together. I love going to her house and seeing how "everybody" is doing. She gave me some of her shamrocks quite awhile ago, and I have managed to keep them not only alive but flourishing!!! While in Georgia they got a bit less attention than they are used to and looked a lot worsse for wear. Luckily, the have responded again, to my care (hahaha) and are doing great. They are even giving me a coule of blooms.
 I decided that I am sick of the terra cotta plastic pot they are in and not wanting to transplant them right now, I decided to paint the pot with some Folk Art shiney acrylic. It worked GREAT!!! I highly recommend it. In fact I have a few other pots I'm going to re-do.
AFTER:  See the difference. I love how it turned out. It almost looks like glass. You dont have to prime the pot first as the water can't soak through the plastic. If you paint real terra cotta though you will need to seal it or the paint will bubble up when you water it. 
Carol also brought me another shamrock from her yard. this one is one that she got from her Dad who got it from her Grama. I have some bulbs that she brought by yesterday of 2 different types of shamrocks that she bought through the mail. I will be planting those in pots later today. I can't wait to see what the turn out to look like.
Enjoy your weekend. Concentrate on the blessings and appriciate each and every one.  xo Sue

1 comment:

val said...

ooooo, I share a love of shamrocks too :-) I plant them where ever we live!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!