Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Cinnamony Kinda Morning

I had to get up at 4:30 this morning to drop Allison off at the school for her Senior trip to the Ag college's here in California. I had my 2 cups of coffee before the sun was even up and started working in my sewing room. While Daddy snoozed I decided I wanted something cinnamony. I'm just that kinda girl....
 I lit one of my new Bath and Body Works candles, that by the way are amazing... and made up a batch of my sweet bread . I put the raisins in the dough. I have never made "monkey bread" before and now I know the reasons why but I'll tell you about all that later. hee hee
This is the basic set up....
 I rolled the dough into little balls and let them sit for a bit... just until they were all rolled.....
 Let them take a swim in a big bowl of warm BUTTER... yes... Tooky.... REAL BUTTER...
 Then I rolled them around in this beautiful cinnamon/sugar blend. I quickly went from this plate to dumping the whole mess into a plastic bag and shaking them up. It was way to messy and the butter/sugar got to blobby.
 I placed them in a bread pan.And poured the rest of both the butter and sugar mixture over the top of the whole thing.
 See how they blobbed out of the pan. Kind of a problem. Although they turned out really yummy, there were a few issues that I didn't like and why I'll just go ahead and make regular cinnamon rolls next time.

1. I used way to small of a pan. You really need to use a bundt type pan so they have more space to rise both in the oven and before you actually bake them.
2. I didn't let them rise enough and therefore the middle ones were really doughy and inedible. They really do need to raise before you bake them for a good 1/2 hour at least. The larger pan will also help with this problem.
3.  If I am going to go through all the trouble to make the dough and roll into balls and bath in butter and slather in cinnamony/sugar delicious  ness I will just go ahead and make regular cinnamon roll shaped rolls. It was alot of effort.
 
 Emmaline's hat is coming along. Want to get it done for the great pumpkin patch photo op. hahahah
The breakfast of ...champions... I mean.... roly poly girls everywhere. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. If you have ever ventured to make these "monkey bread" and have any suggestions please let me know. And if you would like my sweet bread recipe I'll be happy to share... Just let me know in the comments.
Blessings, Sue

1 comment:

Neener Bells said...

Mmmmm cinnamony :)