Monday, June 13, 2011

True confessions and a BBQ

I have to admit that I had been feeling a bit like not doing my blog anymore. I mean I wanted to do it but I would look at the comments and it seemed like no one was reading, or leaving any comments. So i went online and learned from some really great blog ladies that I myself enjoy reading..."How to attract people to your blog" " what to say to get people interested" and " How to get your blog out there". And then I stopped........ And I pondered exactly why I started blogging to begin with. Not to impress a bunch of people, not to teach anybody anything but just to keep in touch with my daughter and the other people I love who take the time to check in once in awhile. Now my second daughter has flown the coop so to speak and I have even more reason to keep this up. Besides its just fun. I love writing and I love being able to show you the things I make. I love looking back on past posts and seeing what we were up to and where we were at. So with that in mind, I venture forward, coffee cup or wine glass and camera in hand. Thanks for coming by. I hope you are blessed!!! Isn't this tea pot the coolest thing ever??? Want to know whats even cooler. I got it a Good Will for $3. It doesn't have a lid, but its genuine Fiesta ware. and I love it!!!!!

This is Charlie. Getting bigger as we speak. She is such a little lover. She loves to sit on me and purr. Oh and I love to have her sit on me and purr!!!! She is quite a rascal as she has begun exploring outside already. Maybe its in her genes from having a barn cat momma and daddy??



So as I mentioned before, Jennifer has "left the building" She is, along with her Daddy driving her car to Georgia right this minute. Along with most of her worldly belongings. So as a matter of course we had a BBQ last night to send them off in style.
Join me in the backyard........ evening approaches... you can feel a slight chill in the air and the smell of BBQ wafts listlessly about the yard.... get the picture??? hahahahha





Remember the amaryllis that I found blooming the other day? Well it has opened up fully now. Someone asked me if its even "supposed" to bloom right now. Funny about supposed to and ought to and even should have. It didn't bloom at Christmas time, that's when we thought it was going to bloom but its blooming now. I guess this is when it was supposed to, after all.






Its beautiful! I couldn't have enjoyed it more in December, to many drugs, hahahahahahah










We have PLUMS !!!! And they are starting to ripen. Can you see them way up there. Plum jam. Yummmmmmm.










Mmmmmmmm these were so good! Daddy knows just how to keep them juicy and moist.













And we had Cheese Dogs.
















And nosey little Sarah kept coming over to see what we were up too. I just thought this picture was so darn cute.

















And then I noticed the wine glass was empty, the burgers were off the grill, guess that means it was time to eat!!!! We had a nice time. Casual and fun.



















Oh ya I forgot to mention the one little mishap that happened earlier in the day. Lest we get all starry eyed and think that we live in a little bubble of really cool photos and cute quips.

We let the chicks out to mosey in the yard. All was well..... Lily was guarding them and they were doing great. The big hens were ignoring them. And then.... One was missing... We found feathers..




















That's all...... just feathers. DAMN. It was one of the little Americaunas. The ones that lay blue eggs. We have checked all the dog poo and nobody in the canine family is guilty. We were thinking perhaps an hawk or no, gasp, no, Thomas. At any rate....... My rose colored glasses were shattered for the day!!!























Guess I'll just have to look at the world through this!!!! hahahahhahahaahahhahhhahahahaha

Love and hugs til next time, Blessings, Sue

























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your fiesta ware pot too! and cute little charlie. and i bet gus ate the chicken. it's always the one you suspect least :)

i love you,

c

Jennifer said...

Little Fat did not eat the chicken, it was thomas for sure!!! I KNOW IT! Little fat is as innocent as a doe, look at those eyes!

I love you momma, and I miss you :)

Jennifer