Friday, June 3, 2011

Story with a happy ending !

I had a wonderful Mothers Day. My daughters and son in law never fail to make me feel like the best momma in the world. I am blessed with a husband who is thoughtful and considerate of my many emotional needs. ( we tease that I'm not physically high maintenance... just emotionally high maintenance) hahahah I got calls and texts from all my children, not only My three daughters, but my nephews and my other adopted children who call me momma sue. (y'all know who you are) Jennifer came home with these flowers and surprised the heck outta me.
I had been thinking about and wanting a Kindle from Amazon for quite awhile. I went back and forth for a long time trying to decide if I really wanted one and going through all the pros and cons.
I am really a book freak. I always have been. I love them. I love everything about them. I love the look of them, the smell of them, how they feel when I hold them in my hands. I collect books. I collect older books. Books are my security blanket. Take me to a book store and leave me be and I am forever happy. I have always got a stack on my bed stand , along with my Bible and notebook and whatever bible study I'm doing at the time. You get the picture.....
So I hesitated about the whole electronic book thing. It seemed "funny" to me. I found out you can highlight and take notes with it and that pretty much sold me.
Seth bought one for me for Mothers Day and I am smitten. I love it. I have downloaded several different Bible translations as well as my devotional and some of my favorite study books. I have downloaded many historical novels both fiction and non fiction. and yes I even put a few word games on there just for the heck of it, to satisfy the nerd in me. hahahahhahahahahaahahahahah

Fast forward to a week ago.... Paige and I picked Allison up from school and we all
drove out to the horse ranch to meet the farrier. Paige and Allison were content to muck out the stalls and I was happy to sit in the car sipping an ice tea ,watching them, while reading my kindle.
All was blissful peace, as it usually is at the ranch. Paige found something in the stall and decided she needed to show me up close along with a kiss. She puckered up and walked out and around the stall and up to the car, all the while puckered up and holding some treasure in her little hand. I was happily watching her approach the car when I realized she was coming to the passenger side. Ok not a big deal....


I'll just lean over and open the door for her and she can climb on in and I will get my kiss and see what the treasure is and she will get a drink and sit on my lap and "drive" us somewhere. Only this time...... When I opened the door, the wind caught it and it started to slam on her baby hand. I leaned over really fast and caught the door just in time. I also, however, planted some part of my arm on my Kindle. I heard a horrible crack. My stomach sunk.. Then I was elated to realize that Paiges hand was SAFE But my Kindle however, was broken.

It was a weird feeling, being so happy that I stopped the door in time and so sad that I had broken my beloved Kindle.

I cried......... I yelled........ I called Amazon when I got home. I reached their customer service. The lady who helped me was amazing. I told her what happened and asked her how I should send it back and how to pay for it to get either repaired or fixed. Personal negligence is not covered in the warranty. She told me that she was so happy to hear my honesty, and that because I was honest she was going to REPLACE MY KINDLE AT NO COST TO ME...NOT EVEN SHIPPING. I cried again...... I really didn't expect that.. She asked about the babies hands, she was genuinely concerned for Paige and me. I was treated like a human being that really mattered!!






If you look closely you can see the place of impact. Glad you can't hear the pop though...






I have already received my new Kindle and because all my downloads were archived on my Amazon website I didn't loose a single thing. She even told me how to read on my PC until the new Kindle arrived so I didn't miss not one day in my devotions or the novel I was reading at the time. It got here in 2 days!!! and that was over the holiday weekend.

I have called her supervisor. I told him everything. He assured me she will be honored . I'm impressed. Not only with the way I was treated, customer service, like a real person who had a bad day. But by the way Amazon seems to treat their employees. I highly recommend a Kindle. I really like it. I still read my paper books, of course, But when I'm out and about my Kindle is GREAT.... I have several books right there with me .

I bought a protective cover right away.... Its on the way...... I highly recommend one of those too.

Blessings, Sue









No comments: