Sunday, June 19, 2011

Not quite empty yet....

I've got to admit, its been a strange and bumpy ride this last week. but its ok. I'm ok. Time is an interesting thing. While your in the midst of living your life it just seems like things will be the way they are at that moment forever.


I wasn't really paying attention to time as our nest began to fill up.




I was to busy with the everyday stuff. You know the endlessness of diapers needing to be changed and owies needing to be kissed. Then the never stopping taxi service taking this person there and bringing this person here. School plays and homework projects. Halloween costumes and birthday parties. The daily little dramas of life that play out, usually loudly, in a house full of girls.
.





Making sure everyone is full and happy and somewhat content. No time to think about it really, just living it and loving it.








One day you look around and realize your nest is pretty darn small. In fact, what the heck happened to my tiny little baby girls. Oh ya there they are... Those three beautiful young women over there. The graduations begin, and continue. The engagements follow, and not far behind are wedding plans. Pretty soon and before you know it your little babies are all grown up and beginning to have little babies of their own.














I just thought this picture was so cute. I felt like this so darn many times. hahahhahahahah




I can't be sad. There's nothing to be sad about. Seth and I have accomplished the goals we set out before us when we decided to have our family. Our daughters have grown into beautiful, healthy, young women who are Godly, and competent and fully able to continue on with their lives and be successful and prosperous in whatever they do.


I'm looking forward to this next season in my life. We still have Allison home, even though she is gone for the summer. I'm still married to the most amazing man ever, my best friend. I'm going to be a Grama. We are looking forward to retirement and moving to Georgia. Life is good, just not as busy ....that's all.
I'm not watching Paige anymore and so I will have alot more time to do the things I want.




I'm over the shock.




Now to get my craft/sewing room ready!!!!


Blessings, Sue

I wanted to add that I got thes pictures off the internet. I checked for copyrights and saw none.






2 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

My two daughters have been out of the nest for years. They're in their thirties. It's strange at first. But your time will fill up quickly!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Now you get to have your nest all to your self! Enjoy it, man. Pretty soon you'll have grandbabies all over the place :)

i love you,
c