Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday morning Stroll

I have had a terrible cold. In fact this is the first day I have felt like I'm getting better. I decided some sunshine and a walk in the backyard would be nice. Come on with me.... First stop.... the chicken coop. I was so surprised when I peeked inside the nest box for eggs and found.... Sarah..... Hope springs eternal for her. I watched for a minute and she leaned up, touched her beak to an egg ( white so I know it wasn't hers, hers were brown) and settled back down.

I just let her be. Bless her heart. You can tell by her look that she didn't want to be disturbed. haha Broody little hen.



This is what I saw when I looked back. The other ladies were looking in the nest box. Waiting for her to leave. Too funny........





This is the hibiscus. Cool huh. I just snapped this because it intrigues me. If I wasn't sick I may have liked to use it for an inspiration for a writing on here, but... as it is...I'm dragging....






The bougainvillea is blooming. It is the most beautifully vibrant color! I love it.









Back to check for eggs. Ah ha Sarah is gone... and my Buff Orpington is busy now.




These are the babies. They are getting so big...so fast. The white one in the middle top left is the one Allison rescued. She is doing great. The other chicks stay around her and guide her to the food and water. This was a surprise. I threw an old amaryllis bulb out, pot and all, when it didn't bloom inside. I'm sure there is some sort of lesson here. but again...dragging.




Remember Clementine? Shes still here and still spoiled. I planted a lettuce pot just for her. I haven't been spinning much as of late, but shes giving me lots and lots to work with.


Rosemary Clementines, treat.



Cherry tomatoes.



Lemon cucumber experiment.



Sarah is back looking for bugs. And we got one egg from everyone else today.




I love this shot. Look at her little foot. She is so busy. Things to do, no time to waste. I wonder if she thinks, I think she layed an egg for me today? I'll just let her.
Blessings, Sue



























No comments: