Sunday, August 22, 2010

On our way and enjoying life

So this is pretty much the beginning of our trip. We made it through security,which was an ordeal in itself. I was so nervous about setting off the bells and whistles. But as it turned out, it wasn't all that bad after all. A really kind officer in Atlanta airport showed me exactly how to "do it" hahaha ie, roll down the waist band in your pants, hold your arms out to the side and etc. So now I guess you could say, that although I've never had an "official" frisk down. I"m not so apprehensive now. hahahahhahhahhhahhahah Jennifer whisked me around in a wheelchair and we got where we needed to be super fast. She's a good driver!!!!
We settled in the plane for the first leg of our flight and after this it became old hat and I didn't take out the camera again until the ride home. (on the plane I mean)

This is pretty much what I woke up to every single morning. This is the bird feeder that hangs in the bay window, in the kitchen nook where I had my coffee every morning. I was so amazed at how the butterflies came to drink. the butterflies seemed huge to me and they were just about everywhere.


The hummingbirds ,of course, battled it out in their never ending feud for territory, but they didn't bother the butterflies at all and even the bees enjoyed a morning cocktail. Fascinating!!!!



The day we arrived we were happy to find that we were there in time for Saturday in the square, or Farmers market in the square. Not really sure what they call it but I've missed it every other time I've been back. We had so much fun. The people are so darn friendly. And this suits me to a Tee, as I've been told that I could make friends with a tree. We sampled homemade ice-cream and boiled peanuts (pronounced bowled) and no kidding fresh bacon from a guys farm and local honey. We bought green tomatoes and fresh picked blueberries. Then we walked around the antique shops.
I'm not really sure why I love these old wooden Indians. I am intrigued by them. My mom used to tell me when I was little that I could drive one crazy. Hmmmmmmmmm... Interesting.




My sweet baby, all "growed up" Ain't she cute?????? hee hee hee hee





These are really only important to me, as they are the first of many flights of stairs I was able to climb. Yay knees!!!!! Thank you, LORD. This antique store is supposed to be haunted and although it was creepy in the back rooms because of all the old stuff in there, I wasn't tapped on the shoulder and my hair wasn't pulled. and there definatly were NO cold spots as it was so freakin hot and humid that day. I found an old copy of Anne of Green Gables that I still covet but didn't buy, way too much money. I did buy some antique pearl buttons.






Ok so by the time we left Newnan we realized we had completely skipped lunch and we were starving and the only thing left to do was go to the Golden Corral and "PIG OUT" Oh yes, what you are looking at is fried catfish, fried shrimp, and fried chicken, I did eat salad so "don't judge me, man". Along with about a gallon of sweet tea and the yummiest banana pudding you ever ate, we managed to waddle back out to the car and head home.







Yes, THIS IS THEY'RE DRIVEWAY. Can you believe the green. I'm in Southern California and believe me it's NOT this green anywhere.








This is a really cool shot that Jennifer took of the back yard. I love it there.
Ok, so I hope you had as much fun as I just did. Meet me back here, soon, as I've got alot more to share.
Blessings!!!!!!!!!!!, Sue
, ,








No comments: