Saturday, April 28, 2007

Here's the recipe for everyone that wanted it. I think you will like it. Its easy and really good. Sunrise Breakfast Bread
Combine and heat until warm:
1 cup water
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Combine in large mixing bowl:
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
2 packages or 2 Tablespoons dry active yeast
Beat egg into milk, water and oil mixture and add to flour mixture. Beat with mixer on med speed for about 2 minutes.
Add 2 1/2 cups flour a little at a time until well blended. Add raisins near the end and continue to mix until well blended.
Place in well oiled bowl and let rise until double- about 1 hour.
Poor into 2 - 5"x 9" OR 1 - 6"x 9" bread pan (s)
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Enjoy Super yummy as toast
I finally finished the socks and pattern I designed. I'm going to be offering this one, either as a free gift with purchase of sock kit or just a pattern. I really like the way it turned out. Cuff down with lace inset and lace cuff. I did it on 2 circular needles but it can be adapted just as easily to double points.

This is a close up of the cuff. It's not difficult. Anyone with basic knitting skills could make it. That's what I was shooting for. I haven't named it yet........ Any ideas???


I also finished the Sea Anemone sock. I love them. I dyed the fiber, then spun the yarn. It feels good to see things come full circle. They turned out pretty delicate. They have a picot edge cuff. The pattern is from a group I belong to online called Six Sock Knit Along. Fun pattern to do.


And this is what my sweet, adorable, not so little puppy Lily did to the foot treadle of my spinning wheel. BRAT !!! I'm convinced that God made all things annoying, cute, just so their species wouldn't die out......... Seriously, she lays right beside me while I spin and has tried to chew a few times. I've always been there to stop her.... Not this time... It can be sanded out I think.. I'm not that upset..... Well maybe I am...
There comes a time in your life, with or without kids, that you have already had to live through loosing that favorite crock bowl, coffee cup, glass turkey platter, van..... you get my drift. Stuff is stuff...... But now I'll be watching a bit more careful ......
Going to bed now and leaving you with Blessings, Sue




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Momma, I love you SOO much momma! I love your blog!

Unknown said...

Good recipe! I'll have to try it sometime. And beautiful socks!

I love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try the bread this weekend. Thanks for the recipe. I love the socks and I think I might be ready to try the lace thing.

Anonymous said...

well here we are.. I'm sure glad you did listen to your old mom.. on something... I'm so proud of you and your family... love mom