Monday, April 23, 2007

Allison had a little lamb........

Isn't this the cutest picture you've ever seen !!!!!!!
This post is not really in order.. but here goes......
My friend Sheena has a small herd of "spinning" sheep and has added three new babies to her growing flock. She invited A and I to see them on Friday afternoon. And she LET us bottle feed them.. I have never done that before. It was amazing... They suck it down so fast.. hahahah
I was going to be the grand photographer ( which I am NOT) but they drank it so fast... Still I got a few good shots..... They also move so fast but now I know how to set the camera to get some good shots... Can we come back Sheena??????




First they get their bottles... Then they are given grain... Then they get a choice bit of hay with I think alfalfa cause it looked good and healthy. They are sooooo sweet. A is in love and of course wants to have her own. (thanks Sheena for sharing !!) This child has definitely got some of her Grama Shirley's farm girl genes.
It was raining when we arrived and we were met at the door with the amazing warmth and smell of fresh Banana Bread, which we later ate..... WITH BUTTER...... haha and some yummy tea and we talked and shared fibery yarn stuff and it was the perfect day.....

Now back up to Wednesday I think... Susan, J and I went to a place called Summers Past Farms. Its a place here in East County that plants a plethora of flowers for everyone to enjoy. They sell homemade soap and live herbs and flowers to take home. They have classes and a coffee bar. You can walk little paths around the flowers and over bridges that cover a man made creek. It is a great place for inspiration. Not only for my fiber dyeing but you just want to get home and make your yard like this.


I'm teasing you with these pictures.... Most of them I am using for my dye lot this time so you'll have to wait till I post that on my Web site. Speaking of... should be ready soon. We're fussing with the shopping cart stuff. What a pain..
AM is really the one doing the computer stuff....
This is what I'm doing........




The Fiber was hung by the chimney with care........... This was Sunday dye day. New colorways taken from the beautiful pictures taken by J. I'm so excited... I'm bringing some to my spinning classes on Weds.



I really am sorry about the delay in my website.... We're going as fast as we can. You can call if you'd like... And we can make an appt. for you to come by....
I leave you now with many, many, Blessings Sue






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont mean to brag or nothing, but i got some moves :) Lil dolly is just so cute! Feeding em was amazing :D What can i say? Animals flock to me from miles around :P
Lol im not conceted or anything :P

Momma, your fluffa junk is beautiful... And jennifers pictures are awesome...
~Allison
P.s. Bay QH on craigslist,500$ adoption fee! I love you!!!

Sheena said...

Love the pictures Sue. I wish I could do that. You have to email them to me and teach me how to put them on my blog. It is a flock of sheep, not a herd. LOL What fun this bloging business is.
Sheena

Sheena said...

Love the pictures Sue. I wish I could do that. You have to email them to me and teach me how to put them on my blog. It is a flock of sheep, not a herd. LOL What fun this bloging business is.
Sheena

Sheena said...

Love the pictures Sue. I wish I could do that. You have to email them to me and teach me how to put them on my blog. It is a flock of sheep, not a herd. LOL What fun this bloging business is.
Sheena

Sheena said...

sorry, I don't know what I am doing, can you tell????