Sunday, May 6, 2007

Frog in a Pot......

There is a story that if you throw a frog into a pot of boiling water it will jump out right away, but if you put him into a pan of cold water and turn the heat on he won't realize until it's to late that the water is boiling. Well thats pretty much what happened to me this last week. I have allergies. All the time and worse at this time of year so when they progressed into a full blown sinus infection I didn't (wouldn't) realize it until I was just about down for the count. Thank God for Doctors and Antibiotics !!!!!!! I'm on the mend. Even though I have felt like absolute "you know what" all week (and made pretty much everyone around me feel that way too sorry!!!) I'VE BEEN VERY BUSY!!!!!

I got my entries for the up coming San Diego county fair done. whew!!!! I haven't ever entered anything before and decided this was the year. I'll let you know how I do. I entered a pair of my hand knitted socks that I designed the pattern for and some hand-dyed, hand-spun yarn. It should be fun. A also entered her My Little Pony collection in the Kids Best Collection Show. It'll be fun for her.



This is 4 oz. of Blue Face Leiciester handdyed by me in my 'Nasturtium' colorway. I'll show you what it looks like when I finish plying it. These are two bobbins, single ply on each. (remember IM NOT THE PHOTOGRAPHER)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for the fair! i hope you win big! allison too...that would be great!


love you.

Scarlett said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting.

Where are your horcrux socks??

I love those sea anemone ones....mmm.

And I would live more aquarium pictures since I added you to my google reader. :)

Sheena said...

Hi kido. Missed you at class(last night) Your frog story rocks. Hope you are feeling better. I have spun 1/2 of the superwash morino I got from you (blue/green/yellow) and am working on the othe half. Should have yarn by this weekend.
Sheena

GabbeeGirl said...

Hi Sis,
Sorry to hear your sick. Poor frog lol I didn't know that frogs we're that dumb!! Awesome about the fair. I'm entering my quilt at the fair this year. I guess I just want to show off a little and show people there can be 2 awesome and talented people in one family. I love you. hugs, Gabbee