Sunday, April 1, 2007

Spinner on the Roof

New Beginnings....

I never thought I would have a blog of my own. I enjoy reading a lot of other people's , and even feel like I have "friends" I've never met and probably don't know I exist. But things do change and since I'm starting a new business on-line, I would like a way for people to get to know me a bit better and share this adventure.

My clever daughter (#2) wanted me to name this "Spinner on the Roof". Cute name and I may have used it but I wanted to stay with the business theme and I DON"T GO ON ROOfS!! Never have, hope I never have to. Not even when a random Frisbee or cute little, big eyed girls toy got "accidentally" stuck up there. ha ha Wait till Daddy comes home. The thought o f me and my wheel up there is ...no.. can't go there. ha ha

About my business... I have always been an artist, and have worked in alot of different mediums throughout my life. As a little girl I watched a re-enactment actor at an amusement park in Southern California called Knotts Berry Farm. I fell in LOVE with the way she spun those little white tufts of fur into yarn. I was entranced. I watched her pull little bits of white fluff out of a basket by her feet and card it on hand carders. Then she spun.. and spun and spun... I loved everything about it. The dress she wore, the hat and the look on her face as she worked with her hands.

I knew some day that I would DO THAT. Well as life goes.. I tried alot of things in the meanwhile...While raising my family which still goes on , I may add. Crocheting was always in my life since my Mom and Grama were always busy with projects. I have sewn my daughters school clothes, and had gallery showings with my water color paintings. I have made dolls and won awards. I have quilted, cross-stitched, tole painted, scrap booked, worked in a craft store as an instructor of you name it crafts stuff. I could go on and on......... but NOTHING (besides my faith, my husband, and children) has satisfied me or given me more pleasure than knitting, and spinning and working with fiber. I love fiber arts.

Thanks to my amazing (that he has put up with it all) supportive husband I am now able to do what I do.. my passion... and have an income from it as well.
I have often heard that if you can make your love, passion into your work then it won't seem so much like work. And since we still have daughter #3 at home and are homeschooling I need to be able to stay home with her and still help pay for the stuff.

My business name is Love Interwoven. You will be able to find it at www.loveinterwoven, You will be able to go there in a while as I'm still working on getting the web site up.... agghh.
I sell all things fiber. I have custom hand-dyed batts and fiber blends, Hand-dyed and hand-spun custom yarns. Spinning, Weaving and Fiber supplies. I offer classes locally (San Diego) for both groups and individuals. I am also Louet dealer and have many of their products on hand and can do special orders from them.

And soooo if your still awake and and interested I would love to have you come by here often. Read about the store and my stuff. Leave me a comment or two and enjoy.

Since I'm new at this bear with me. I want to put in a few pictures. Our new puppy.. Lily.
Isn't she a funny lookng weiner dog. haha

No comments: