Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Yes!! I just may have figured this out. haha

My daughters and Husband are very good photographers. They are also avid outdoors people. This benefits me in so many ways. They take their cameras with them when they go on their adventures and capture some of the most beautiful images that Southern San Diego has to offer.

I use alot of their photos as inspiration for my yarn colors. This being one.

This is an anemone. I'm sure it has a real clever biological name but it escapes me right now. haha Like I really know it. What I do know is that I have seen these things for as many years as I have grown up on the West coast. They are beautiful in their own right and as a kid, awful fun to poke your toes in and feel them try to eat you. No offence to anyone I hope. They never complained, at least I never heard one. My husband is a pro at bugging these things and if you know our family you will understand what I mean. HAHAHAHA...

This is the yarn that I dyed using the anemone as inspiration. I is 3.5 oz of Finn. I dyed the roving a light green with brown. Then spun it up, double plyed it and over dyed the yarn with the remaining colors of the pool. It does have a bit more green in it as you will see if I ever finish the socks I am knitting with it.

And this is Lily, being held by A. She is a wonderful little dog. Which I think may be an oxy-moron. She is Labrador/ Rottweiler mix. Her first visit to the vet told us she weighed 8lbs. One month later, second check-up, she weighed in at 18.1 lbs. But she is just that much to love. I am happy to have her in our family and glad for the protection she will give us. She will also be a great hiking buddy for Daddy when the girls aren't around.
Oh yes, the comment before about a strange looking weiner dog. Well that is because we also have a gaggle of weiner dogs of which if you don't already know, you will undoubtedly be introduced to later.
Thats it for today. Blessings Sue


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job

--Jennifer

Unknown said...

looks great! i love you!

Anonymous said...

This is my new favorite blog! Your yarn is beautiful!!! Can't wait for my palm pilot holder :)
Beth
(carlye's roomate)

Anonymous said...

Yo home slice! I love your beautiful yarn! I will definately have to keep an eye on this one :P By the way, who is that hott babe holding the black dog? Give her muh numba

Love yah always!
Your favorite daughter in the while wide world

~Allison