Thursday, March 1, 2012

Home again, Home again, ziggity zag

Thank you for your patience while I was gone. I had the most wonderful time. I spent 10 days in Georgia with Carlye, Matt and my wonderful grand daughter, Emmaline. She is almost 7 months now and she is an angel straight from heaven. I took tons of pictures and got millions of kisses.
 This is the Tulip sweater I made for her. I haven't been able to put pictures on here because I wanted it to be a surprise and besides... It looks so much better being modeled by Emmaline. I made a bonnet type hat and mittens to match.  The sweater fits just perfectly right now.
 I got to see lots of baths. Splashes and bubbles and smiles. I couldn't get enough.
Adorable!!!
 This is the bath I got. Carlye told me that when she called me I was to show up with my book. She drew a warm bubble bath, lit candles, lowered the lights and had a giant glass of wine waiting for me. It was wonderful!!!!
 We went into Atlanta to the Marketplace. This is like a giant indoor farmers market. They have every kind of  organic vegetable and fruit and cheeses and meats and pastas and wines and you name it from many different countries. Some vegis I had never even seen before. This is the tired little cupcake baby. I bought wine, smoked Gouda  and apples from different states to try. It was so fun. I bought fresh roasted coffee beans to enjoy during my whole visit. We all had colds so I bought some ginger root and lemons for tea. Funny thing is, I bought lemons from California. hahahahaha My trees here at home are loaded. hahahaha
 Sweetest baby enjoyed grama's apples too.
 I had a birthday while there and woke up to a smiling baby face inches from mine and home baked Blackberry Lemon scones. Fresh brewed coffee and lots of hugs and kisses. Carlye bought the blackberries the day before at the market. I didn't even see her get them.
 I was also taken to dinner and loved dipping these strawberries in the chocolate fountain. I guess you're supposed to "double dip" them to get the chocolate nice and thick. I would have loved that but I had about 10 little kids waiting in line behind me so one dip it was. hahahahahahahah
 We went to the square in downtown Historic Newnan and looked at some of our favorite vintage shops. We bought candy sticks and sat on the bench to enjoy the sunshine and breezes. If you look closely you can see I have my candy in my mouth and Emmaline is trying to figure out what it is in there. Too funny. I actually got baby kisses right after this shot!!!!
 We baked cookies together. This was definitely one of the highlights. It was the first but surely won't be the last.
 This is one of my favorite pictures. Look at that little tongue. hahahahhaha
Awwwwww my girls. I was spoiled rotten and it was so hard to leave. BUT.... We are going back in April to house hunt.. sooooooo It wont be long now.
Thanks for stopping by..... I'll be on a lot more often now. Blessings, Sue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! I love you!


C

Neener Bells said...

Love the pictures of my Niece!! What a beautiful baby girl. I love you momma, I'm glad you had a lovely bath. If I had a home of my own and an amazing bath tub like that, you know I'd fix up a bath for you just the same. I love you,

--Neener Bells