Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No clever title comes to mind.....

 We had the most beautiful spring like weekend. The temperatures reached up into the low 80's one day. We had BBQ burgers and enjoyed the outdoors. On Sunday.... I didn't so ANYTHING...really. I did my devotions, took a shower, took a nap and it was amazing.
 We had a surprise; form our beloved little hen, Ophelia.  Yayyyyy. See the little brown one, second from left. Isn't it cute!!! The white is from one of the Silver Whinedotts.. The greenish blue from one of the  Americana's, and the brown ones are from the Buff Orpingtons.
 This is my first bantam egg.
 I used it to coat the chicken breasts I baked last night. Thank you Ophelia and friend.
 I have been working on my embroidery project. I am really enjoying it. The colors are so bright and cheery.
 And now... the weather is back to some sort of wintry...ish....ness. Carlye gave me this recipe for Chicken Potpie Soup. It is sooooooo good and sooooooooo easy. I goes in the crock pot and is served over biscuits. I LOVE IT. Great for a cold ish day and great comfort food.
 Sky High Biscuits. Our favorite.
 I don't know if you are blessed to have a Hobby Lobby near where you live. I'm not.... sniff sniff..... But Carlye is and I have decided it is my new favorite craft store of all time. We went several times while I was back there and I could have gone several more times. hahahahah. I found my green and white polka dot mug there. I was so excited. AND it was on clearance. I love, love, love it.
I took it with me into my craft room this afternoon and we started a small project to get my sewing juices flowing again. Can't show you yet cause it's a surprise for someone who reads my blog. I'll show you later as it is turning out adorable.
I don't think the sun is going to break through this afternoon and so I may just start a log in the fireplace. It's rather gloomy and that always brightens it up in here. Maybe I'll bake some cupcakes or something sweet and yummy for desert tonight. hmmmm yep that sounds good.
Thanks for coming by. Many Blessings to you, Sue

1 comment:

Neener Bells said...

Momma! Beautiful pictures. That chicken pot pie soup was soooo good! I would like to have the recipe as well. I need to buy a little crock pot for myself! It would be an easy dinner fixer-upper if I had one. I love you

--Neener Bells