Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Birthday

We celebrated Allison's birthday on the 17th. She wanted a cake with fresh strawberries. This is what I came up with. I baked the cake from scratch and made the filling by cooking some of the berries with sugar and cornstarch, making a kind of pie filling. I put strawberry extract in the frosting. It turned out to be a really yummy treat!!!!.

 Happy Birthday Allison. You will Always be my baby girl no matter what age you are!!!
 A sneaky little leprechaun must have gotten past me cause when the rolls came out of the oven..........
Oh Dear!!!! We enjoyed Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and squash.
I couldn't bring myself to indulge in the green milk.... hahahahah It was a lovely day.
I hope you had a great St. Patricks Day.... Did you know that there are no snakes in Ireland?? Not because of St Patrick but because they never could migrate there because of the cold water!!!! Interesting.....
Blessings, Sue

No comments: