Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blustery Weekend

 It's been a cold, wet weekend. Perfect for snuggling up and lighting a fire. You know... a chicken and fat noodle soup kind of weekend !!! A get outside chores done fast, light all the candles and cook yummy stuff kind of weekend!!!
I found this fleece blanket a few days ago on clearence for a can't  pass it up price. It is a creamy, lucious, burrow into, baby blanket soft fleece, with golden beige autumn leaves. Just my kind of blanket. It just needed a bit of embellishment and it it now PERFECT !!!                 
 Charlie was quite content to keep me company while I finished it up. Notice her new pink and polka dot collar. She is just so cute.
 And of course I had to make some chicken and fat noodles. I wait all summer for a weekend just like this so I can spend the day inside making yummy things to feed everyone. It's my hearts content.
 If you have been reading long you have seen my process in detail before, but I was having so much fun Seth took pictures for me to share with you today.
 Mmmmmmmmm  mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
 Jennifer and Angel brought the salad and a bottle of wine.
 Oh and just for the heck of it, I made a carrot cake. You are NEVER, NEVER, NEVER too old to lick this moms beaters, spatula and bowl. You just can't come to blows over who gets which!!! hahaha
 Cream cheese frosting..... DUH...... and lots of it!
 This is an old family recipe that I have tweeked through the years. If you like carrot cake.... you will LOVE this one. If you want the recipe let me know and Ill get it to you.
Now it's Sunday and its been another blustery day. I have however spent this one alone. Don't in anyway be sad for me. I had leftovers for lunch, another fire and it's been a very fruitful making Christmas presents day.
I hope your weekend has been a wonderful and filled with love as mine is.
I do want to thank each and every one of you who take the time to stop by my little blog. I enjoy sharing with you and am very grateful for you.
Blessings, Sue
Oh and no I didn't eat the yogurt. It was just a bit creepy that I put in a whole cup of yogurt from a container and only got back a dollop the size of a quarter. Where the heck did it go?? weird...... :)

1 comment:

Neener Bells said...

Mommy,
I am so glad that you had a good weekend. I was so happy to be able to come over and see you and spend time with you and eat your VERY yummy soup. You are right...it was the perfect weekend for it! I hope the rain clouds dont go away too soon. I WANT THAT CARROT CAKE RECIPE!!!! I love you very much

Love, Neener Bells