Thursday, November 10, 2011

Best gadget ever...

 Or at least until I find the next one. hahahaha  I use A LOT of garlic. I like it fresh. I've used pre-minced in the jar for convenience when the girls were little but couldn't get past that sulphur taste and smell. Powder is the next best thing to fresh. Lately it seems like I have been chopping bits of my finger every time I chop garlic. Hmmmmmmm Seth said this won't do and went online to find this little gem.
 You still need to peel the garlic, but that's ok. I cut off the root end of each little bulb and smash it with my knife. It pops right off.
 Put the peeled bulb into 1/2 of the little doohickey. Put on the lid and give it a couple of twists.
 And waaaaaa laaaaaaaa. Perfectly minced garlic.
 You can even do more than 1 bulb at a time and for me that's real nice.
 I still had to get my fingers in there. I just love the smell! I used this in crock pot pea soup. mmmm mmmm mmmmmmm!!!
 I think one of my  young ladies may have laid an egg for us. The one on the right is from my Rhode island red. The one on the left is about 2/3 its size. The same size that Bethany, my little Spanish princess lays but hers are white. My hens are doing better with Artemus gone. They are much more calm and relaxed. I have started buying them meal worms to get them to tame up a bit. It doesn't take long for them to come a runnnin' for those!!!
 And there is something to be said for persistence, but that's another story. I want to talk a bit about living in the moment. Since my darling daughter pointed out in her last comment, that she has made the same recipe in the humidity and therefore it can't be the surgeon who removed my "swagga"
 I decided today to make my Gramas sugar cookies. These babies have never let me down. While in the midst of putting all the ingredients together I was thinking about multi-tasking. While I used to be REALLY good at this, it seems as though I get so many things on my mind lately that I'm not really living in the moment. I'm usually somewhere else in my mind, picking up Allison from school, going to the feed store, did I give the rabbit water?, what will I make for dinner tonight?, I have to wash a load of towels, yet again. You see what I mean. Yesterday I made banana bread and forgot to add the soda. It's good but heavy. hahaha
 I have made an entire batch of cookies and not even enjoyed the actual process because of all this. Soooooooo... deep breath....... I've decided I'm going to slow down and enjoy the present. Even though I have probably done this several times already in my life, I'm going to do it again. We all need gentle reminders now and then. To stop and smell the gravy, give it a taste before you put it on the table, just to make sure it's not too salty. Know what I mean?
So take the time today to BE in the present. It's all for a reason. And things seem alot nicer.
Blessings, Sue 

P.S. If I were an ant, I would love to walk around in the creases of these cookies!!

1 comment:

Neener Bells said...

If I were an ant, I would love to walk around the creases of those cookies too! Funny...i think about things like that allllll the time! I really need (not want, NEED) that recipe for those cookies (please and thank you). And you are too good at multi-tasking... you're a pro. You're who I learned from! You can put the fresly baked cookies into a jar and eat one at the same time... that is excellent multitasking, in my oppinion!!! I LOVE YOU MOMMY

--Neener Bells