Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Well.... I did it again.

I never wanted to write anything negative on my blog only because I think there is enough "out there" to fulfill that. But I can't help it. Things change. My life is different right now. and I need and want to write on here. It comforts me. It makes me feel close to people who are far away from me.
I "skipped" a few doses of my pain medication the other day and threw myself for a loop. I did the same thing last knee surgery, and would have hoped I would have learned from that. I hate being on narcotics, I hate the way it messes with my thought processes. I do not like being confined to my house and couch. I have so many things I want to be doing. But... For now this is it... I need to stay on the medication until my body is healed enough to go off it. Chronic pain is a very difficult thing to live with, and depression sucks, but I am blessed to be able to have gone through this so I understand other peoples walks through this life a bit better. And so I will continue to concentrate on the good things, of which there are MANY, in my life and I will win. I have two good knees now. The pain I am feeling is healing pain, not degeneration of my knee joints like before. Ahhhhhhh thanks for listening.... I feel better already!!!!! :)
We had an interesting "Holiday season" this year. We knew that it would be different going into it. And it was good. Carlye and Matt came to visit for a week and they joined in talking care of and spoiling me rotten!!!!
Jennifer and Carlye took me to Jo Anns to look around and on the way home we stopped at Baskin Robbins to enjoy some yummy cones. Mmmmm mmm mmmmmmm!!!!

Do you remember Henry and Pearl? well they fill my morning and pretty much most of my day with entertainment. Each morning they are so happy to be alive and they fill my house with the sweetest songs. I have found so much pleasure in these two little creatures. I put some wool and natural fibers into their cage and they have been busy making their nest ready for eggs. this will be their 2nd try actually, we lost three eggs before this. I think it was because they were to young. But they are busy, busy again.


I have been finding much pleasure in knitting this baby blanket.There is prayer and love in every single stitch!Its sunshine yellow and pebble grey. Its challenging enough to keep me interested but not to difficult that I have to rip out alot!I'm really looking forward to spinning!!!


and this is our dear little Christmas tree. I have wanted to get a small tree to put on the little round table for years and "they" all talk me out of it. But this year..... I WON!!!. Of course i had nothing to do with it actually.. hahahahahaahhaah Jennifer and Allison went to Wal-Mart and bought everything. So we had none of our usual Christmas decorations this year. I enjoyed the beautiful lights and yummy smell every single day!!!
Thanks for stopping by!!!!! I feel so much better now!!!!! Talk to you again soon!!!!
Blessings, Sue




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, I have double chins in that picture of me. This disturbs me deeply. Please remove post-haste, or at least include a disclaimer that said double chins do not exist in reality, nor am I really that shade of deathly, ghastly pale. I am a bronze sun goddess with a striking jawline. At least that's what I tell myself.

Hey, cool blanket, by the way :)

-c