Sunday, November 1, 2009

Twas' the night before Halloween....

Happy Harvest Time everyone.

First let me get this off my chest... I don't like Halloween in general. I don't like to put so much emphasis on a holiday that has become (in my opinion) so vulgar. If it doesn't glorify God, why bother.... My family does enjoy certain aspects of the season, and carving pumpkins, candy apples (next post) and handing out candy are some of them. I love roasting the seeds and used to cook down the pumpkins for holiday baking. Now however, I'm a Libby girl all the way.

I thought you might like to share in some of our carving fun. Humble Beginnings.....

Digging in........

Mmmmmmmmm !!! Soon to be roasty , toasty goodness. Either that or plain old pumpkin guts...


How do you fix a Jack o Lantern ?

With a pumpkin Patch..................


What did one jack o lantern say to the other jack o lantern?

Cut it out...........



BUSTED!!!!! They just wanted in on the fun...... Some one dropped something, no ?





Why did the elephant paint her toenails orange?

She wanted to hide in the pumpkin patch........




Whats the ratio of a pumpkins circumference to it's diameter?
Pumpkin Pi........




Does this look familiar Took? Daddy has been doing this same scary face forever!!!! haha





And here they are... the grand finale.....


Allison did the one in the middle.... She says its a Thomas pumpkin, crossed eyes and all.. I say... Leave my kitty love alone!!!!!!!!!

Many blessings, Sue







3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awwww! I love you mom! We have such an incredible family. There really isnt anything better. I love our family. Of course we have our ups and downs, but every family does. Im so glad that we could be together to celebrate :)

Unknown said...

except for me, man. no party is complete without the family hero.

allison's pumpkin does look like thomas. and tell daddy he needs to get some new carving ideas! maybe we can sign him up for a pumpkin seminar this winter to get him geared up for next fall.

Sheena said...

Those are just incredible. I love pumpkins!