Monday, November 30, 2009

I hope you all had a wonderful celebration filled Thanksgiving day. Ours was mellow, relaxing and full of football games. I look forward each year to roasting my turkey. I love everything about it. I love the smell of it baking all day long. I love the anticipation, and the preparation of all the yummy dishes that go along with it. I love leftovers....... For about the ...the next day........HOWEVER after awhile its time to start making pot pies for the freezer and mixing it up a bit. That's why on Saturday when we had our first token day of weather here in San Diego I just had to make up this yummy ..............
Bean and Bacon Soup. I found it on this site www.fortheloveofcooking.blogspot.com/
I stayed pretty much to the recipe. I did drain off alot of the bacon grease before saute' ing the onions, carrots and celery. It was fast and easy using canned white beans and reminded Daddy of lentil soup. I also added a bit of sugar. Yummmmmmmm !!! Served it with saltines and salad. Can't get much easier. Let me know if you try it.

And of course I made Daddy his party mix. What would our holidays be around here without that? Blessings..






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm...send some of that chex mix our way! i need to make some for matt, even though he ruined my life by making me stay in dumb ol' georgia for christmas :(

i will have to try that bean and bacon soup!

i love you,
c

NeenerBells'n'lovin'chi-yold said...

Momma,
I am so amazed by you! You are my heeeeeeeroooo! I am truly blessed to be your daughter. Now, go make me a sandwich. I mean... oh hi! I love you!!!

--neenerbells