Wednesday, May 30, 2007

French Kisses in the Flowers with wine

I just new I wanted to spin this the moment I brought it out of the dye pot. I watched it lovingly while it dried and had discussions with myself about how wonderful it would be to spin those luscious colors, to the point of imagining each color as it flowed into the next, and what names it should be called. I have toyed with several and even though I have never been to Italy I can't help but think of Italian vineyards and wineries. Maybe I've just watched French Kiss one too many times. heehee. A true fellow fiber fanatic will understand. It's the weirdest thing. Hard to explain really. How you fall in love with a fiber. I love the yarn as well. I do have an intent but I can't say. I have found that once I say something, I have a harder time foll lowing through, for now though it will be lovingly stared at, fondled and sorry but not sold. Just another angle of the same yummyness...
When Seth and I were first married and having the girls ( yeah you guys ) We didn't have so very much in the way of money. HAHAHAHAHA... But that never stopped Daddy from bringing me flowers. I was home alone alot since he, being a fireman and gone 24hrs- home 24hrs, and up to my neck, literally in kids, I also watched other children for 14 years as a daycare provider( so I could be home with ours), would stop on the way home on the base and pick these huge and I mean HUGE bouquets of wild flowers for me. Well the other day while in Home Depot I found one of the flowers he used to pick for me. Its called a Sea Lavender. So I bought one and now its blooming!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!! Do you guys remember?????????? I always used to call them paper flowers because they seems really dry and do dry out well. ( I feel rambly today, OH WELL)

These are the prettiest light purple flowers. I have them sitting on the table on the back porch. They are called purple robe. Really delicate and attract the little hummers. When we first moved to Southern California I was a new wife and soon to be a new mother. Basically as I look back now I was pretty darn new at pretty darn much everything but had you asked me I'd a told you a completely different story. I remember it was the first time I had ever lived away from my "family " and I was basically lost down here. We lived in a rented duplex and I wanted to plant some flowers. Again NO MONEY go figure.... I went to some store... can't remember..... this lady, a nice Mexican lady, I wanted to hug,I missed my mom real bad, older,(probably younger then me now) told me to buy Portulaca... a succulent. She told me it would grow, no matter what. It would make pretty flowers, no matter what. and all I had to do was give it water. Well.......
I leave you with this... That lady was right.. I have always felt really smart cause for some reason when you say Portulaca its sounds .... smart... or ...cool... or at least like you know some horticultural thing( if you don't believe me try it, go to home depot and find it and say out loud to someone, hey theres some portulaca see how it makes you feel) pronounced- poor-two- locka



And see the beautiful flowers. I have always thought of that lady. Makes you wonder about angels. Beautiful strangers, beautiful flowers, beautiful memories... Blessings Sue

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello mother. it was quite delightful, our little chat today. I love and miss you terribly. i love your blog and quite enjoyed your pictures. I MISSSS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

love

-J

heeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Anonymous said...

Yo momma,
Wow... Must take an old person to think pronouncing the scientific name of a plant makes yah sound cool :P LOLL!!! You know I love you!!!!

~Allison

Unknown said...

beautiful pictures! you're getting quite artistic with those. I also request a scarf out of that yarn. You know you want to make me one.

i love you!

carlye

Anonymous said...

Love the yarn Sue. We are all ready for the Fair. Can 't wait to see you. Be sure you come and see me no matter what I am doing. I know I will be busy, but will take time out to see you. Hope you are dying something yummy for me. This time I want a pound, of something Blue. Maybe Superwash something, or Morino with silk????
Hunh? what do you think? Take care!