Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Turkey and Fat Noodles

So besides feeling rather clever for figuring out how to (finally) download the pictures in proper order. I feel quite happy with the fact that I just finished up an entire turkey on dinners and not one bite went "to waste" hahahahah. I was standing in the kitchen, actually sitting on a stool, picking the last of the turkey off the bones I had boiled down for broth and thinking out loud. " I wonder just how many turkeys and chickens I have done this too" when I decided to, instead of hand rolling these noodles, I"d break out my ever faithful kitchen aide attachment and make them this way instead.
I have been making some kind of something and ''fat noodles" for about as long as I can remember.

In fact I look forward to making a turkey just for this meal.


My girls have always loved them and Seth is crazy about them. I made them for my new son and he loved them too. yay.



There really is no set recipe for the noodles themselves, My mom taught me, the way her mom taught her and my grama learned the way her mom taught her and so on and so on and so on....




A couple cups of flour, a couple of eggs, some baking powder (that's the fat part haha) and some cold water. I have tried different recipes, using seminola flour and different types of flours but...





This is the one I always come back too. The older I get, the less reason I see for fiddling around with things that already work just fine!!!!






When roll them out by hand I use my pizza cutter to cut them and they come out much "fatter"
Almost like a dumpling, but not as dumpy...






This pasta attachment is cool. At first I got really stressed out using it because the noodles seem to come out really fast... But with time I figured it out. Set it on a lower speed and have a glass of wine. The combo seems to work great.









Hmmmm well so much for feeling clever since I downloaded the same darn picture...twice. hahaha








These noodles come out really long and I'll have to remember next time to cut them with the scissors half way through.










After I pick the meat off the bones, strain and remove the fat from the broth, I start adding back into the pot. Most always carrots, celery and onion... that's just poultry soup to me...











Tonight I had some mushrooms so I threw those in.
Then everybody gets just the bowl they want. I like more noodles and broth....











Seth like alot of turkey in his bowl. Anyway you have it, enjoy a green salad with it and it will fill your tummy and warm your soul with love.
Blessings Sue












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmm mmmmm mmmmm !



c-diddle