Monday, November 15, 2010

Sunday trip to Julian

Once again I messed up the order that these are in but oh well... It took so darn long I'm simply NOT re- doing it now!!! We decided that since I'm locked into this whole 2nd knee replacement thing. hahaha We may as well get me out of the house while I can.... Of course you will recognise the trip sequence in reverse and all mixed up.. Bear with me.... I bought my two favorite things at the Cider Mill. Pumpkin Butter and Butter Toffee nuts. Oh Yeah!!
We stopped at Inaja, for a really yummy lunch. Allison made herself a custom ham, cheese, spinach and homemade pickle sandwich.... It was huge, but she worked it off with a hike all the way down to the creek, you know through all the bob wire fence and no trespassing signs... Ya that one!!


Of course we had entertainment with our dining experience.....

The birdwatcher is one of my favorite stores up there. I love to walk around inside slowly and think about all the cute things I would love to have in my yard and on my patio.




Of course we got the coveted Carmel Apple. Honestly, we have been getting these all my girls lives. I remember letting them eat them before lunch, this being one of my first parental decisions I felt sort of guilty about!!!! They would make a giant sticky mess and I loved watching them eat them as much as they enjoyed eating them. ( I made Daddy hold that apple just so, for the picture. I really wanted to take a picture of his cute little facial expression..but passed... can't press my luck hee hee)



I miss spinning so much!!! One of the things I'm looking forward to the most is getting back into this beloved art. These sheep belong to Janet and we actually buy Allison's goat for her FFA project from her every year.







This is an oak tree that I have loved for years. I wait to see it and look for it each time we go. Its just the perfect tree, in the perfect meadow..always, no matter what the day or what the weather.








and of course we stopped at Dudley's. I got a loaf of Apple Walnut bread. Its in the freezer right this minute. Awaiting my recovery mornings. To be served toasted and slathered in pumpkin butter. Oh yeah!!!







I always love seeing Smokey!!!! When Seth and I were dating he worked for the US Forest Service. He dressed up in the Smokey the Bear costume for a parade in my small town. I fell in love with him even more as I watched him walk around the park holding the hand of this cute little girl who was just in love with Smokey.


And where else except Southern California would there be extreme fire danger in November...I'm sure there are plenty of places but... These Santa Ana winds are killing me right now.









This is the spread we had for lunch. Custom made sandwiches, veggies and dip, grapes, apples and crackers... all made with love and care by Jennifer. What a wonderful, wonderful day we had. Carlye and Matt weren't there physically but they were in our hearts the entire time... as always!!!
Thanks for sharing my day with me..... More soon... Blessings, Sue








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you aren't supposed to have fun without us! not fair :(

-c