Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blessed Motherhood

I have been blessed with three of the most wonderful daughters a mother could ever ask for. From the moment I found out they were in my tummy I was deeply in love. I made a conscious decision to give each one of them the best of me I could. Now that they are older I am definitely reaping what I sowed. I have an amazing relationship with each one of them. This is a picture that was taken a few years ago of my oldest daughter Carlye and me. This is pretty much my favorite way to be with all of them. I'm a VERY huggy mom. This last weekend was her birthday and her being in Georgia and me in California meant that there was no way I could give her a birthday hug.
Imagine my joy when I received a text message on the night that she and Matt were celebrating her special day. She said she wished I was there and could join her in one of my favorite pass times, sitting in front of a cozy fire with a nice glass of wine. (with people I love is a bonus)
She sent me the above picture....
I quickly sent her this one...


She sent this one..... And so thanks to our cell phones, we were able to share a really special time.
It sure made it a better day for me. Its cool to be able to share moments with pictures right when things are happening. It's not at all a good as a giant squeezy hug, but it makes it easier to be apart. ( I got a new "texting" phone and I'm getting pretty darn good at it!!! hahahhahah)
Blessings, Sue



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww, mom...you're too sweet.

i love you.

-c