Monday, June 22, 2009

An apple a day..........

" I think I may have finally done it"..... she squealed with delight, while pulling the perfectly browned, filling the air with fragrance, mouth watering pie from the oven.

Let me tell you of my dilemma. You see I have always been deathly afraid of pie making. I know, I know. This from a girl who has been baking since she had to stand on a chair to whip up a batch of cookies. But its true. I can remember baking just about everything with my grama when I was little. Cinnamon rolls, cookies, heck we even made raised doughnuts in the Sierra mountains one year while camping. (we used a dental floss container to punch out the holes haha).... But pies....... We never made one and so somewhere in my tiny mind I became totally intimidated by them.
I know grama made them..... We had just never made one together.

When other friends were busy making yummy pies I would scoff and say " nah I don't like baking pies" All the while thinking how much fun it would be to pull one out of the oven and serve it up with a big ol' scoop of vanilla ice cream. Especially since Apple is Seth's favorite.

I wrote awhile back about learning to make a crust from an accomplished pie maker and ever since I have been practicing.... and practicing.... and practicing..experimenting..... and practicing again. I even have a few of my own tricks. Its been stressful and its been fun and now I feel like I can make one without tragedy happening. (spoken like a true perfectionist)
Ha I say that today...hahahaha
Anyway.......... Care for a slice and a cuppa..... Fresh from the oven and filled with love......
Bless You....Sue

No comments: