Thursday, February 21, 2008

Here..... Sheepy, sheepy, sheepy

A few nights ago I was dragged reluctantly from my slumber by a vague gnawing feeling below my ankles. The closer to the surface of consciousness I came, the more I realized that my feet were FREEZING !! AGGGGGGGHHHHH.... Since my human foot warmer, I mean dear husband, was at work.... I threw myself from under the warm covers and dived for the warmest , most beloved pair of socks I own. These socks are wonderful. I bought the fiber while in Pennsylvania and spun the yarn myself. Then knitted them into being. I LOVE THEM........
While laying there letting my mind drift, I was thinking of just how amazing this all is. You know, God gave us the sheep, We raise and love the sheep and in return they give us their lovely wool, that kept them warm all winter long, For us to make into someting to keep us warm all winter long. Or something like that. You get what I mean, right??? This is Freckles. She is a corridale whom Sheena owns, cares for and loves.
And these are her pen mates ( I'm so sorry ladies but at the moment I can't remember all your names)
This is the wool that Sheena got from Freckles and gave to me. Is it not, the most beautiful fiber ever? It feels as wonderful as it looks. It is heavenly white and marshmellow-cloud soft. I wish you could feel it. (This wool was sheared and sent away to be cleaned and pin-drafted.) This is some of it spun up. It is a dream to spin. Thinking of who Freckles is and where she was born, and where she is living now makes it all the more wonderful for me. I'm not sure what I will make from this yarn, but I know it will let me know what it wants to be. I will be happy to show you pictures of the finished yarn when I'm done with it.
Thank you Sheena for the great day. I came home refreshed and inspired, oh and stuffed with the best banana bread you've ever tasted.
Blessings til later then, Sue
Added later: Sorry Sheena, Freckles is a Columbia not a corridale.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Love the pictures!!! I want to do that. Freckles is a Columbia (just for the record.) I am inspired too. I started spinning some too and am going to make a sweater for myself. I love spinning and I love yarn. Take care.