Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Even though my LoveInterwoven business has been on vacation (put on hold) since the car accident I was in last June, I havent exactly been sitting idle. My spinning and dying have slowed way down but a girl can still knit, can't she? Some days are slower than others but I have managed to complete a few more things than I have started. I thought I'd show you a few.

This is one of the Elizabeth Zimmerman Jackets I have made. I used Plymouth, Encore, worsted weight. I believe it's 75% acrylic and 25% wool. I love this yarn. Its is really nice to work with and great for gifts because of its durability and ease of care. The addition of the wool make it feel less plastic than most acrylics I have used ( a long time ago)The cost is just right as well. Using the worsted weight made this jacket turn out to be a toddler size. Probly for a 2 or 3 year old. I did not extend the sleeves though you could quite easily with a little more planning before casting on. (I have read of several people who have and like it alot)

This is a close up of the neck line and shoulder arm seams, I used a single crochet closure and like the way it looks.

In October, Our friends were blessed with a beautiful baby girl. At the time I started this we didn't know boy or girl so I decided on this Classic Raglan Sleeve Baby Sweater.
I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease, and again I love this yarn. Its felt great in my hand and is soft enough for a baby. Washable and classic. I believe it's worsted weight as well.

This is close up of the hem. I changed the pattern a bit.

I downloaded the pictures backward. This one was supposed to be first ( oh well)
I hope you enjoyed seeing these projects. I'll add more later. Right now my fingers are goin rather numb. I'm freezing.

Enjoy your days, Blessings Sue

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I love the jacket. I want to make one sooooooo bad. Hope we can do that soon. The white one is awsome too. I want to make something like that or something other than a scarf or hat. Don't get me wrong I like knitting those too. I just want to move on.