Saturday, April 7, 2012

What the Heck??

Where has the time gone? Seriously it seems like I was just telling myself that I had to wait at least a week until I added another post on here and then BOOM an entire week has already come and gone. It's not like I'm busy running around this week. In fact it has been Easter vacation from school and so that's probably why I have not been keeping an eye on the calendar as much. I have been spending a lot of time sitting at the ranch while Allison works the horses. She has a few new clients and is getting really busy!
 I was so not into keeping on top of things that I found my strawberries had gotten sick of waiting to become shortcake and grew fuzzy sweaters to stay warm in the fridge. I hate when that happens.
 We did manage to get Lily shaved this week. She is such a good girl. Just sits there and tolerates.
 Her under coat is so soft and downy, but very very short. I would love to mix some with some merino and spin it up. There are just to many guard hairs and it would be a HUGE pain to even get a enough for a little bit.
 I bought some tulips at the grocery. I have never, ever bought myself tulips. Weird huh?? They are so darn beautiful. When I was in Georgia this last February the daffodils were popping their heads up through the earth. I didn't see any tulips but am sure I just wasn't in the right spot. I will be planting some in my yard back there for sure.
 There are so many flowers that I am looking forward to growing when we get settled in. We only have one maybe two frosts a year here in my part of San Diego and some of my favorites need a few to be really fruitful. Lilacs being one.
This is the little squirrel who visits me at the ranch. I sit and stitch and she nibbles her way through just as much grass hay as she can. She is a chubby little thing and I'm sure she is a recent mommy as well. She has the cutest little hands and beautiful brown eyes. It is such a joy to watch and be part of her day.
I will write again tomorrow as I am sure I will have some alone time during our holiday. I do want to add a positive ponder.... Til then..then... Be blessed.

No comments: