Thursday, January 19, 2012

Things that make me smile....

 Carlye sent me a few more pictures of my beloved granddaughter. This is her at 5 months, Bath time. I put this picture as my desktop and it makes me smile, literally, every single time I see it. I think I will have it framed and hang it somewhere that my eye lands on often.
 I have been a bit dis com bobble at ted of late. Can't put my finger on anything exactly. But just feeling a bit mentally out of sorts. We are going through changes here with Seth retiring in just a few more shifts and then we'll be fixing up our home of almost 30 years to make the big move to
Georgia. I am excited, happy, apprehensive, and other feelings I can't put words to.

This morning I decided to try a recipe I found on pinterest. Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf. We were NOT disappointed. They are delicious. You can find the recipe by going to my pinterest board and clicking on the recipe board  or.... I will just post it here in a few days. It made me feel REALLY good to use my own homemade yogurt and fresh eggs from my hens. The yolks are so yellow they are almost orange and this is exactly the color the muffins came out!!!
 As a little girl I always loved to color and draw. As a big girl I paint, dye yarn and fibers , embroider, knit and crochet and sew to get my color fixes.It relaxes me. It sooths my soul. I have been stitching up a storm while waiting for Allison. It's kinda like big girl coloring . hahahah I am going to do a series of little girls. This is the first one.
 Took a trip to Koby's this last weekend while Daddy stayed home and watched football. Just us girls. I had so much fun!!! It was cloudy and cool and I loved it. It felt  like it would begin raining any minute. I found some of the most amazing books. I took my little cart on wheels to carry them all this time. I used to use it all the time when Allison and I home schooled and we would hit up the curriculum fairs. It makes life and your arms lot better!!! hahahahaha I have made it a goal to pay only a dollar a book and sometimes it works. I got all my books for just $1 each. YES!!!!
 One of the books I got is a facsimile of The Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady 1906. It was printed in 1977, the year I graduated high school. It is beautiful. She began each month with a bit of a lesson in what the month is named for and the days that stand out. She continues on with beautiful watercolor and
 hand written desciptions of all sorts of birds, plants, etc.
 She includes poetry appropriate for the month and writes a brief statement of the weather and where she walked and things she saw each day.  LOVE.....
 Another treasure is Garden Flowers. This too was published in the 70"s. 1973 to be exact. It begins with a story called The Hundred Flowers (a Chinese Tale), translated by Grace Jackman. I haven't gotten the opportunity to read it yet but its high on my list.
 It is filled with prints of Engravings by several artists. Each picture has a description and where the plant originated from. About a page long.
 These are definitely frame worthy.
 I am thinking that when I get into and begin decorating my new home I just may do that. They are so pretty. I have a really hard time thinking about tearing a page out of a book but when I looked this book up I found that someone was actually selling each page for $14. hmmmmm got me to thinking is all.
 I am forever infatuated with readers. When I was a little girl I was so excited to be able to read. I remember my readers from grade school and if I am ever fortunate enough to actually find one, I'm going to grab it up so fast.....
 This one is really cool. It's from Rand McNally and company. Of course. It is printed in 1935.
 This little page just touches my heart.  It's kinda how I imagine my little hens and I. hahahahahahaha
 The illustrations are priceless.
I am smitten.
 I finished off my afternoon by giving  two of my shamrocks a hair cut. I was very UN pleasantly surprised when, while having my coffee in the in the bay window this morning I found APHIDS inhabiting them. WHAT THE HECK???? How did they get in here.
I checked all the others but these were the only two that had them.  Hopefully this takes care of the issue. I'll keep a close eye on them. The other two are looking rather shabby as the cats decided to havew a fight right over the top of them. I'm babying them as well for awhile.
I also decided to transplant and give fresh soil to my poor little African violets. They have been so neglected lately I feel guilty showing you their picture. The poor dears. Hopefully they will get healthy and happy again and give me a few blooms. I moved things around so they are in their favorite spot again.
This ended up being a pretty wordy post for one that has just popped its way into being as I typed.  Thank you for stopping by.
Many Blessings, Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, cute baby. She must have a really hot mama.


Love,
Guess who?