Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Around my place this morning

This is what I was blessed with this morning. While waiting for my first cup of coffee to brew I stood in my bay window and was completely and totally blown away.
I had to grab my camera so I could share this with you. I am reminded why, on mornings like this,  The Jerusalem Temple is built with "The Beautiful Gate" or Eastern Gate always facing the East. The LORD just doesn't mess around.
And this is from my couch. AMAZING!!!!
I wanted to show you that, true to my word, I am working on my Jacobean Sampler. I actually worked on this very cow while sitting in my car, at the ranch. Allison was riding and I was just soaking in the peace when all of a sudden a cow started telling me the longest story. She mooed to me the entire time I worked on this. Funny huh!!!!
I'm getting quite a bit done. It is really slow going but oh so enjoyable.
I LOVE hydrangeas. I have wanted to make a wreath like this for a really long time. The other day while strolling and dreaming in Michael's I notice that the hydrangeas, along with alot of other beautiful silk flowers were on sale. 50% off. It didn't take but about one trip through the store to decide...I wasn't passing that up.
I am REALLY happy with the results.
I decided since I have so many beautiful rocks sitting around that I might try my hand at this. Whatdaya think? I like it.
I saw this idea on pinterest and it wouldn't leave me alone. I have a devotional that I thought I could use to bless a few people with. It was fun and gave me time to ponder the scripture.
I have had a bit of a creative bug lately and I am just wise enough to know that when she bites... I better act on it. Seems I can get quite a few things out of my head and into the world if I work quickly and stop thinking. hahaha
I popped these photos in because I was just thinking how cool these old bottles are.
(Well the green ones on top aren't so old, but the little one was given to me by my son in law who knows I love green bottles!!)
I like to think about where they have been and who used them. I like the way the light bounces around them. I like the way they remind me that treasures don't always cost alot of money. All things have value. It even reminds me to slow down and appreciate the beauty around me. It's really amazing the things that can take our breath away.
Blessings, Sue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love love the bird embroidery! I may have to copy you....and I know what you mean about being bit by the creative bug...I am itching to do a ton of things myself including work on your pretty awesome birthday present!

Love,

C

Anonymous said...

Ah, the beauty of living on the side of a hill. I miss it every day! Beautiful stitching mom and i can't wait to see it in person. I love the bird too, that was an awesome idea.

Love,

Neener Bells