Monday, April 4, 2011

Mmmmm Strawberry Jam

The other day while in Kaelins buying my fresh produce, I spotted a display of some of the first strawberries of the season. I got a flashback... A kitchen, a long time ago..... stirring a pot that looked similar to this. Standing with my Grandma Klages, my Dads mom this time, stirring away and being told how HOT it was and to keep the spoon in the pot!! I love a good flashback!!! hahahahaah
So into my cart went a couple of the choicest baskets and home we went. Into the pot and stir, stir , stir....... I love strawberry jam. I love jam period. When we were a young married couple Seth would buy me the little assortment pack of Knotts Berry jams and jellies and that was my treat. I just love a piece of toast in the morning, slathered with jam or jelly along with a good cup of coffee.
Now you must ALWAYS skim the foam off the top of the pot before putting the jam into your jars, just so that the finished product will be crystal clear and beautiful. But you must NEVER, EVER, EVER toss it out. This is what I let everyone taste to see how yummy its going to be and whet our appetites. this is what my dear family goes on and on about how wonderful that we have homemade jam. hahahaha
This time I used some of my regular jelly jars and some really cute short chubby ones I found the other day!! They are the size of a regular quart jar but only about 2 inches high.. Kinda like weener doggy jars. Aren't they adorable???? I'm sending you a jar for your lunches, Carlye!! with love of course.
Sorry for the long space in between posts. I had to remember where I put "it" after I got "it" together this last time.!!!! Blessings, Sue

No comments: