Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Quiet Sunday

There is an Amish proverb.... A task takes as long as it takes... So it seems does many "things" in our lives. I had a date with an old friend today. I lit some candles and brewed a pot of tea. We sat by the fire and enjoyed the afternoon in quiet fellowship. I am really happy at how long I was able to sit at my wheel. I have missed it!!!!

At times I had to stop and sit on the couch with my legs up. But I continued happily prepping fiber. Enjoying the fire and watching documentaries on TV. It was a great afternoon!!
My dear chickens are so confused. They started laying a few weeks ago and were going full speed ahead and then it got cold again. They have stopped laying for the time being. Darn it!!!
Now "they" say its warming up again... The poor little dears...

I have been working on a few things for my new grand baby. Trying to keep things "non-gender specific" is getting tough. I want to start a quilt but need to wait until I know for sure what colors to use. Here's a little peek for you, Carlye.. I'm using this little heart on all my things, its my iloveyoubaby. hee hee




So much for my downloading picture skills. haha this isn't the order I wanted them in, but oh well.



I dyed this particular fiber quite awhile ago. It's Fine Shetland. It's very soft. A gentle blue, a quiet lilac, and bits of brown.





I didn't name it. I think I was going to keep it. Now I know I am. I want to start making mittens so when I get to Georgia, I can play in the snow... I could also wear them here, if it stays this darn cold much longer.






Its nice to think about what your yarn will look like, and the project it will become.







I have a feeling this one is going to be a really pleasant surprise!!! The colors are coming out a bit unexpected..









Not sure when I'll finish it. Ill show you when I'm done. I am really trying to get the hang of this taking it easy... I usually multi-task EVERYTHING. I mean I used to multi task everything. Now I'm slowing down... I guess I'll be done when I'm done!!!!!
Blessings, Sue







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute! can't wait to see the whole thing!

i love you,

-c