Monday, April 18, 2011

Beloved Friend

I haven't been able to write about this until now.. Our dear cat, Sassy, is gone. She died about 5 weeks ago after living with us for 16 years. She lived a long and happy life, and I now picture her laying in a window, just for her basking in the sun... in heaven. It took a really long time not to expect to see her lying in her "spots" and I'd even find myself talking to her. but time has passed and I know she is ok and so am I. The saying about God closing a door and opening a window has really rung true in this situation. Right before Sassy died, Allison brought home an abandoned kitten that was found in the Ag. dept at her school.

She was so tiny.. She still had her umbilical cord. We figured she was between one and three days old. We quickly got kitty formula and bottles and set up a box with the heating pad and some stuffed animals.



Allison fed her around the clock, every two hours. The task was given over to me during the school day. Did you know that baby kitties can't go potty on their own and have to be stimulated to do so... Well we do now and so the job was given over sometimes to Lily who thought she was her Mommy. Buster and the other weens thought she was theirs as well and we had to take turns. hahahahaha !!! Thomas, out Siamese, has won out however and is now the BEST daddy you could ever ask for.





We named her Charlie.. and of course she can never take the place of Sassy... She has just filled the BIG whole that Sassy left here. We were concerned for her survival for a long time, but she is a little tuffy and is doing great. She can hold her own with all the mommies/doggies we have around here and that in itself says alot!!!







I wish this was turned the other way around...but isn't she adorable?? She sits with me during the day and follows me everywhere. We had to put a little elastic with a bell on it so she doesn't get into to much mischief. She has yet to find her own spot in the window but it will come. When it does..I'll snap a shot for you.


Blessings, Sue









No comments: