Thursday, August 6, 2009

Still here.....

Still here..... just summertime busy. I will try to catch up but all will probably be just randomness as usual. hee hee Thought I'd share some pictures of our summer produce...whatever!!!! We have been trying to keep cool as usual for sunny California summers...... Cherries fresh from the fridge......
And plunked into a long, tall, never ending, glass of green ice tea.... With ALOT less sugar..... I'm weaning myself back to "not so sweet tea" hahaha

These deviled eggs are from our very own little hens, who faithfully keep us well stocked with fresh, healthy eggs.


And tell me now, how blessed am I, to have had, not only Georgia peaches this summer, but these beautiful, juice filled little orbs of love right from our very own tree, planted just this last season. Yep we got three. Started out with seven, not sure what happened to the others. Maybe some momma bird fed them to her babies, or a pack of hungry juvenile wormage found the others to be to their liking..... Either way I enjoyed them myself, sweet, juicy yummmmm.



And how excited was I when we got our first squash and tomatoes.... I have enjoyed the tomatoes the most....... We also have red grape tomatoes which when cut in half with the yellow pear and mixed with a few leafs of spinach and fresh basil, chunks of bleu cheese, red onion, a touch of olive oil and a small squeeze of lemon is now my very favorite salad in the whole wide world.....
Jennifer is coming home tonight...... Washing her bedding and getting her room all fresh and tidy for her arrival. Love it when I have chicks in the house....... More later than..
Blessings, Sue



No comments: