Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lazy days of summer.......

My eye......hahaha... Our summers always go by really fast but this one was a real whirlwind. I have so many pictures and stories to share and now that things are settling down a bit.. ha.. like your going to believe that old line..huh?..
This is the our latest camping adventure. We had to squeeze it in at the very last minute. Allison has already started high-school ( first year at public school, doing well) and Jennifer is back at school as well. So Daddy and Jennifer set up camp on Weds. and Allison and I went up on Saturday for the day. Daddy cooked us a yummy, must have camping breakfast... bacon and scrambled eggs... yum!
Allison and Lily soaked in some hammock time. Ahhhhhh no chores!!!
Jennifer helped Daddy out of the chair after the fabric gave up. Farewell beloved lawn chair. You have been good to us.
And we got to the top and watched a most beautiful sunset. The colors on the mountains were amazing. I tried to capture it here but you just can't see it the way it really was.
This is it...... This is Cuyamaca Peak from the east, looking west. We don't see this side very often as we live on the other side. We watched and snapped pictures until the sun was completely gone... sealed it with a kiss... and headed back to camp for the main event... SOMORES!!!!!!

More later... Wishing you the blessing of many more beautiful sunsets, Sue

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

now i am happy

Anonymous said...

WOW that is an awsome sunset. We have had quite a few this year with the clouds and humidity. I am almost done working. We end on Sept. 3rd. Camping sounds so fun. We are planning a trip to Kansas and Alabama soon. I'm not sure when we will leave, but I am so ready for some relaxaton.

Sheena said...

I don't know how I ended up anonymous, I tried so I was the 2nd anonymous.